Where to buy Internet IP addresses

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue May 5 06:34:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, 5 May 2009, Ricky Beam wrote:

> That's exactly how IPv4 was seen long ago, and we've been and will be living
> with that mistake for decades.

It was fixed 15 years ago, but not before more than half the space was
"wasted". With IPv6 we can use current policy and only "waste" a /3 and
then we can change policy and do something smarter if needed. This /3 will
last us a long time and we have plenty of time to create something better
than SLAAC.

It's time to deploy IPv6 *NOW* with what we have, not to start to change
it in fundamental ways and delay deployment several more years by starting
to change IPv6 stacks who are by now fairly mature.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se