Minnesota to block online gambling sites?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Mon May 4 20:33:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:53, Ken Gilmour <ken.gilmour at gmail.com> wrote:
> So is this going to become like the great firewall of China
> eventually? You can see in the letters that they are "going to see how
> it goes and then maybe start blocking more stuff" if they are
> successful. I can see a big nightmare heading this way if ISPs start
> caving in to requests like this.

Isn't this akin to a state legislature mandating that the DOT block
drugs at the state's border?

Also, why is the order to block sites rather than monitoring and
arresting Minnesotans who are violating the law?   Sort'a looks like
the MN legislature is trying to hide the bad behavior of it's
citizens. ;-)

-Jim P.