Where to buy Internet IP addresses

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Mon May 4 11:34:20 UTC 2009

 back to the subject matter...

	i've been told that in the (roughly) NANOG region, that ARIN's 2008-6 or some rough
analog should be in place on or before 01jun2009.  What is 2008-6?

https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2008_6.html

Draft Policy 2008-6
Emergency Transfer Policy for IPv4 Addresses

Author: Bill Darte

Date: 24 January 2009

Policy statement:

8.4 Emergency Transfer Policy for IPv4 Addresses

For a period of 3 years from policy implementation, authorized resource
holders served by ARIN may designate a recipient for number resources they
release to ARIN.

	ok... so lets just presume, for the mo, that I am an "authorized
resource holder served by ARIN" and I have a /9 that is becoming a bother.
One of my clients, holding discontigious /16's in that /9, desires to use
2008-6 ... and I have no problems w/ that ...  HOWEVER.

	I want to dump the whole /9.  How do I find viable receipients for
the rest of the space?  Get out my pushcart and roam the streets with my
bullhorn;  "... /16's, /24's... alive, alive Oh!...."

--bill