Where to buy Internet IP addresses

Matthew Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Sun May 3 20:19:24 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 05:01:10AM -0500, Joe Greco wrote:
> > Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> > > You can't be wasteful with something that you know is already extremely
> > > plentyful.
> >
> > There is no resource that cannot be pissed away, if you try hard enough.
>
> Oh!  You mean, like the way we piss away IPv4 addresses?

That's pretty much what I'm thinking of.  I'm sure that, had their been a
NANOG at the time IPv4 was being rolled out, there would have been an
equivalent discussion, except substitute /8 for /48, and probably site for
end user -- but the arguments, I'm sure, would have been the same, and they
would have sounded just as rational to the participants then, too.

In fact, there are probably people on this list now who *were* around when
the initial IPv4 addressing policies were thought up...

- Matt

--
"People can be divided into three classes: The few who make things happen,
the many who watch things happen, and the overwhelming majority who have no