how to fix incorrect GeoIP data?

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Fri May 1 20:09:44 UTC 2009

I bet each company uses a variety of methods to build their data set, not
least of which is the one you mentioned.

I don't think the larger (and by larger, I meant the ones with the most
users) ISP community is so concerned about the accuracy of geoIP info, or
even need to follow the routes we do, but there would be benefit to everyone
else.

And I don't think the interested members here on NANOG have the collective
ability (in this virtual world) to interest any of the mentioned geoIP sites
to work with us (NANOG).  The most successful strategy would be for a NANOG
member to work through their corporate (physical) channels to establish the
relationships, and then bring the rest of NANOG on board.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but face-to-face seems to be what it takes to
make things like this happen.

Frank