Beware surfers: cyberspace is filling up

Stefan netfortius at gmail.com
Fri May 1 02:15:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Jack Bates <jbates at brightok.net> wrote:

> Stefan wrote:
>>
>> hmmm ...
>>

>> http://www.networkperformancedaily.com/2009/04/so_this_is_what_the_australian.html
>>

> Hmmm. "that leased lines and private WANs that your company can monitor and
> control from end to end make it easier to retain and improve network
> performance than relying on the Internet"
>
> Are 10G leased lines (or even 1G) and private WANs common these days without
> using MPLS or some form of resource shared with Internet traffic? And what
> is the point without the ability to communicate with others? I thought we
> were well past isolated networks.
>
> -Jack

The point of the blog I quoted was that things are not only black, or
only white (as some have been tempted to judge - i.e. completely
bashing the original article). To your point - we need to communicate
with others (Internet - non QoS ...), of course, but the critical
production traffic runs for some on top of fully monitored (not
necessarily controlled!) networks ... still ...

--
***Stefan
http://twitter.com/netfortius