Beware surfers: cyberspace is filling up

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Fri May 1 01:57:35 UTC 2009

Stefan wrote:
> hmmm ...
>
> http://www.networkperformancedaily.com/2009/04/so_this_is_what_the_australian.html

Hmmm. "that leased lines and private WANs that your company can monitor
and control from end to end make it easier to retain and improve network
performance than relying on the Internet"

Are 10G leased lines (or even 1G) and private WANs common these days
without using MPLS or some form of resource shared with Internet
traffic? And what is the point without the ability to communicate with
others? I thought we were well past isolated networks.

-Jack