Cacti Graphing

Martin Hannigan martin at theicelandguy.com
Tue Mar 31 18:49:55 UTC 2009

Hi Joe,

I sent you some links offline as well, but make sure the polling host can
talk to the target:

IIRC, the Alcatel/Lucent device(s) default to snmp v2. IIRC, Cacti is
defaulted to v1. At the CLI of the [hopefully] nix device:

               snmpwalk -v 2c $community ip_addr 1.3.6

That should prove that you can talk to and walk the device. If that works
and the poller doesn't, investigate host poller settings or options for v2.
That and ACL's have been typical root causes of problems whenever I have had
issues with polling a target device.

Best,

Martin

Martin Hannigan                               martin at theicelandguy.com
p: +16178216079
Power, Network, and Costs Consulting for Iceland Datacenters