The Confiker Virus.

JoeSox joesox at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 13:41:17 UTC 2009

I am uncertain also. I scan a subnet on my network with Axence
NetTools looking for 445 port and I receive some hits. I perform a
netstat -a some of those results but don't really see any 445
activity.  The SCS script doesn't find anything either.  The PCs are
patched and virusscan updated. One PC when I connected to it did not
navigate to Windowsupdate website. I scheduled a Full McAfee scan as
their documentation suggests
(http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/documents/combating_w32_conficker_worm.pdf),
and sometime through the scan I was able to reach windowsupdate. I
don't know if it was a coincidence or not that I was not able to reach
the website.  I haven't looked into the registry and any other places
for evidence of conficker. I will probably today but I am afraid it
maybe a waste of time since they are already patched and updated.
--
Joe