Fiber cut on Irish Sea

Ken Gilmour ken.gilmour at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 17:10:54 UTC 2009

2009/3/29 Justin M. Streiner <streiner at cluebyfour.org>:
> On Sun, 29 Mar 2009, Ken Gilmour wrote:
>
>> This has been fixed now. I will follow up directly with PE for an RFO.
>
> If it was repaired that quickly it was probably not a cut or a 'wet' failure
> but maybe something like an electronics failure in a landing station or
> something similar.
>
> jms

Hi Justin,

It happened at 8:00AM Irish time (which is about 2:00 AM My time) I
didn't get in to the office and notice the mail until 6 hours after it
happened (In Central America) so it took about 7 hours and 30 minutes
to fix.

PE also reported that the problem started at 8:00 AM on the 29th and
was repaired at 9:05 (no AM or PM) on the 26th (yes, three days in the
past). I don't think their timing procedure is functioning correctly.

Regards,

Ken