REVERSE DNS Practices.

Martin Barry marty at supine.com
Thu Mar 26 09:44:57 UTC 2009

$quoted_author = "Steven Champeon" ;

> adsl.internode.on.net
> gaw.internode.on.net
> padsl.internode.on.net
> adsl.adelaide.on.net
> link.internode.on.net
> as0.adl2.internode.on.net
> lns1.adl2.internode.on.net

...and so on and so on.

You do realise that they were all infrastructure devices which would never
send email? LNS isn't a big enough giveaway?

> Oh, there's also 'static.internode.on.net', so the safe bet is to
> assume that ALL of the rest are dynamic. Correct bet? Who knows.

That's a safe assumption.

So ignore static.internode.on.net, their MXes and block everything else
*.on.net

cheers
marty

--
<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
	capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety

http://www.bash.org/?4753