Yahoo and their mail filters..

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Wed Mar 25 06:22:45 UTC 2009

On Mar 24, 2009, at 9:00 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> And yes indeed, its a way for us to automate termination of spammers,
> and to discover other patterns (in signup methods / spam content etc)
> that we can use to update our filters.

That's a great theory.  Would you be willing to post an update to this
list if and when your technology and automation actually get to the
point of actually shutting down a spammer?

> There's a whole lot of maawg best practices (some work in progress, on
> outbound abuse / webmail abuse) that deal with these issues.

No, see, that's the problem.  Best Practices don't deal with abuse
reports.  Humans deal with abuse reports.  You can collect and sort
and collate your spam reports all day.  What about the part where a
human looks at the report, confirms that it is spam, and terminates
the customer?  You've got to do that.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness