Yahoo and their mail filters..

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Tue Mar 24 22:21:12 UTC 2009

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:18:16 CDT, Jack Bates said:
>
>> It's not a false spam report? The recipient obviously didn't think they
>> wanted the email.
>
> I've seen people subscribe to a list, then *reply* to the subscription
> confirmation - and then hit "spam" not 5 minutes later when something
> gets posted to the list.  Did they change their minds in the 5 minutes?
>
> I've see people hit "spam" for e-mail from immediate family members.
> Does this mean it's a dysfunctional family?
>
> The only correct part is "The recipient obviously didn't think". Period.

No, sorry, Valdis this is just wrongheaded. The problem here isn't
stupid users, but stupid providers not giving users what they clearly
want: an "i don't want this" button. Until providers start matching
users expectations about what _they_ think the "junk" button means,
"st00pid l00sers -- ha ha" proclamations will continue to show that
providers aren't serving their customers well.

		Mike