Usage-Based Billing for DIA

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Mar 24 17:00:23 UTC 2009

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Sam Stickland wrote:

>> I need to look into this in the near future as well.  The problems I'm
>> aware of are:
>>
>> 1) we have customers on policed ports, and the interface snmp counters
>> count packets before service-policy.  It doesn't seem right to bill for
>> packets we dropped :)...so this isn't useful data for billing purposes.
>>
> Torrus (www.torrus.org) can use the Cisco MIBs to graph pre and post-policy
> packets.
>
> http://www.torrus.org/plugins/tp-cisco-cbqos.pod.html

I just checked a few 3550s and 3560s, and I don't see any evidence that
they support CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB.  Walking .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.166, I
get nothing.  On our 6500s, walking .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.166, I do get lots of
data, but I don't see anything obvious in it that tells me which numbers
go with which interfaces.

Is anyone actually making use of CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB on 3550s to
graph/bill traffic passed after per-interface policing service policies
are applied?

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |