Akamai wierdness

Paul Stewart pstewart at nexicomgroup.net
Mon Mar 23 22:28:04 UTC 2009

Not to add to a potential "peeing" contest here.... but we have Akamai
equipment in our network - it's a very important component to our
service delivery.  If/when there is ever a problem (quite rare in our
experience other than the odd hardware failure that has no impact
anyways due to the cluster configuration) we send an email to
noc at akamai.com.

Typical response times on a 24X7 basis never normally exceed 20 minutes
at most.  I can remember one time where it might have been an hour.

That's a long ways from "blackhole" based on our experience...

Paul Stewart