REVERSE DNS Practices.

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Sat Mar 21 13:00:55 UTC 2009

 the 20th or 21st century answer?

 if you really don't care about the actual node, then you should map the
 numbers to topologically significant names - after all, the reverse map
 follows topology, not some goofball - layer 9 - ego trip thing.

 or - the more modern approach is to let the node (w/ proper authorization)
 do a secure dynamic update of the revserse map - so the forward and reverse
 delegations match. ... a -VERY- useful technique.

--bill