Reduced ISP uptime after BGP annoucement

Dylan Ebner dylan.ebner at crlmed.com
Tue Jun 30 15:49:38 UTC 2009

My company started partial BGP annoucements several months ago with our
primary ISP, Qwest, and ever since BGP went active we have had more
Qwest downtimes in 3 months than we had the previous 5 years. All of the
downtimes have been within the qwest DIA group and not the deliver
compenent group.  Does anyone know if it is the policy of Qwest (or
ISPs) to have lower uptime metrics for BGP customers or am I just
experiancing lots of downtime with an ISP that is known for having lots
of problems?

Thanks
Dylan