OT: Bringing Cisco equipment to US

Tomas L. Byrnes tomb at byrneit.net
Tue Jun 30 00:04:05 UTC 2009

Even more off-topic: What he said.

I've brought WINE back into the US as checked luggage from wine tasting
trips abroad, but I had printed out all the applicable regulations,
declared it, and had a cashier's check ready for the tariff, and I STILL
had to deal with a supervisor.

The guy at the airport is harried, and anything that takes longer than
about 5 minutes for him to grok puts you in the very long queue. If you
can avoid it, at any reasonable cost, do so.

You CAN'T do that with wine, as it has to be for personal consumption
and traveling with you, but for anything that you can, it's just worth
doing.

Ship it a week early, in case it gets held up.