OT: Bringing Cisco equipment to US

Aaron J. Grier agrier at poofygoof.com
Mon Jun 29 20:46:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:19:36PM -0400, Joe Abley wrote:
> If you want to avoid any unpleasant questions at the border, then the
> right thing to do is probably to find out what supporting paperwork is
> required to support the import of the switches into the US, bring that
> paperwork with you, and declare the switches at customs.

if the equipment is going to return back its country of origin within 12
months, a carnet could be used.  however, if the equipment is going to
be permanently relocated to the US, I suspect standard customs import
procedures would need to be followed.

importing into the US: http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/newsroom/publications/trade/iius.ctt/iius.pdf

details on carnets: http://www.uscib.org/index.asp?DocumentID=1843

  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier at poofygoof.com

More information about the NANOG mailing list