tor

Jamon Camisso jamonation at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 23:26:51 UTC 2009

Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
> If you did this activity with the express purpose of helping someone
> else hide their identity, and thus their crime could be traced back to
> you but no further, you might end up looking like you were aiding and
> abetting.

Since when was anonymity a crime? Neither entails the other.

I've run a tor relay, and I'm pretty confident that just because I'm up
in layer 3+ land, common carrier status would apply, if anyone could
even detect the contents of the traffic passing through my systems in
the first place (the whole point of tor being to mitigate against
exactly that).

Some good tips for anyone thinking about running a relay or exit node,
the first of which is to inform your isp. tor is a great tool, more
people please!
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tips-running-exit-node-minimal-harassment