tor

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Wed Jun 24 22:41:11 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:18:20PM +0100, Rod Beck wrote:

> I am afraid what you described with the car is not illegal.
>
> It is highly unlikely any court would convict ... :)

I'm not going to try and play armchair lawyer here (since my original
comment was about the ethical and practical implications, i.e. your
insurance co would probably tell you to piss off when you filed a claim
about your trashed car, rather than the legal ones), but...

If you did this activity with the express purpose of helping someone
else hide their identity, and thus their crime could be traced back to
you but no further, you might end up looking like you were aiding and
abetting.

Bottom line, this simply isn't common carrier activity, and when these
anonymous users decide to abuse your trust you are the one who will
suffering the consequences.