Use of Default in the DFZ: banned in philly, see it now on the net!

Ren Provo ren.provo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 23:11:56 UTC 2009

One point of clarity here.  Lightning talks are scheduled in a more spur of
the moment fashion than the traditional submission process for general
sessions.  We often schedule lightning talks around a topic with potential
to run short if Q&A isn't significant or we have a 15 minute gap before a
break.  Unfortunately that means dates, or times, have the potential to
shift and flexibility is required by the party presenting.  Randy was
offered an alternative as soon as it was discovered the original time slot
on Monday was not going to prove viable.  Options later in the meeting were
not chosen by Randy due to his schedule constraints.  If a specific date is
required on the NANOG agenda please consider submitting a presentation well
in advance of posted deadlines for the general sessions.  The NANOG PC does
consider comments made in the tool at http://pc.nanog.org when scheduling
the agenda.  Short duration presentations have been accepted well in advance
of the meeting for about a year now and we welcome interesting topics, much
like Randy details below.  We hope to see Randy back up at the microphone on
stage at future NANOG meetings.  Cheers! -ren