Wireless bridge

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Thu Jun 18 17:10:22 UTC 2009

> Jason Gurtz wrote:
>
>> Are you sure there's not a moisture problem in the antennae cabling?  Get
>> an SWR meter that can handle the 2.4 GHz range and make sure that SWR is
>> very low (approaching 1:1 but certainly less than 2:1).  Hook up the
>> meter
>> in-line at the AP.  Test this after everything is wet and again when
>> there's been a dry spell.  Minimize the number of exposed connections and
>> use dielectric grease.

Alternatively using an antenna with integrated ap like the one's I
referred to previously (they have a nice cast enclosure for radio and a
screw down bulkhead with gasket for the cable) eliminates the need for
runs of rf coax at all and also deals handily with the necessity for an
outdoor enclosure for the linksys ap. I would use outdoor rated cat-5
for the run up  to the ap.