WISP NMS recommendations

Tim Huffman Tim at bobbroadband.com
Thu Jun 18 14:26:02 UTC 2009

We use Intermapper. It's very flexible, and offers a 'wireless probe' package, which covers Motorola Canopy and their PTP products, along with several other hardware vendors (Alvarion, Atmel, MikroTik, etc). Also, it's written in Java, and runs on just about anything.

It does monitoring and (very basic) graphing, but not management. They have a pretty well documented and simple scripting language for writing new probes as well, which comes in very handy. I've written probes for several Dragonwave products, and submitted them to the community.

Their support is also very responsive, which is always important.

Tim Huffman
Director of Engineering
Business Only Broadband, LLC
O (630) 590-6012