Cogent input

Zak Thompson zak at yellowfiber.net
Thu Jun 11 14:08:19 UTC 2009

Overall I can't say cogent has been bad.  They have been great with
support and getting things completed.  As far as outages go, maintenance
here and there but they always give ample time via email on planned
outages.  Their network has improved a lot over the years and most
customers can't tell if they are on cogent or Level3 for the most part.
But as with every network no one single carrier will get the job done
"the best".  I can't think of the last.. unexpected outage we had in our
POP with cogent.  Overall recommended carrier now a days.

Cost in terms of performance, you can get competitive rates from Level3
and a chunk of the tier2's out there that will go lower than cogents
standard pricing model.  Most seem to be in the same ball park +-1/Mbps.

Zachary A. Thompson