Cogent input

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Jun 11 14:13:29 UTC 2009

At 10:01 AM 6/11/2009, Andrew Mulholland wrote:

>We didn't have such problems.

>Had nx1Gig from them.
>
>On the few occasions where we had some slight issues, I was happy to
>be able to get through to some one useful on the phone quickly, and
>not play pass the parcel with call centre operatives.

This matches our experience as well. When there are issues, they are
EASY to get a hold of and the people who answer the phone clueful and
dedicated to dealing with IP issues, not "can I help you with your
long distance bill".... Also, they are pretty good about keeping us
informed about maintenance issues. I would not use them as a sole
provider (why run your own AS if you only have one transit provider?)
but certainly I am happy keeping them in the mix to date.

We havent seen the same level of issues as some people in YYZ have
seen, but I think that seems to be more on their 100Mb connections
for some reason. On the gig service we are on, they are fairly
reliable.  Not quite as good as TATA/Teleglobe has been for us however.

         ---Mike