Any2 Exchange experiences to share?

Michael J McCafferty mike at m5computersecurity.com
Thu Jun 11 07:56:16 UTC 2009

All,
	I am interested to hear any experiences with the Any2 Exchange at One
Wilshire Blvd, especially regarding performance and reliability to the
other exchange participants in comparison to routing to the same
networks via Tier 1 transit providers.
         We are in San Diego and have easy access to the exchange via
transport offered by our data center facility who does have physical
presence at OWB, but *we* are not physically in OWB, ~4.5ms away and
some $ for transport to OWB. All things considered, the cost will be
about the same to route via Tier 1 transit providers from San Diego as
it will be to transport to OWB to the exchange. The basic question is,
"Does it improve my network enough to connect to the exchange?"

Thank you for your help!
Mike
Michael J. McCafferty
M5 Hosting