savvis

Randy Bush randy at iij.ad.jp
Fri Jun 5 23:23:56 UTC 2009

> we have a routing issue within savvis
> <http://puck.nether.net/netops/nocs.cgi?ispname=savvis> says to contact
> ssc at savvis.net and ipnoc at savvis.net
> the latter does not answer email.  the former is invalid
>     ... while talking to cluster9.us.messagelabs.com.:
>     >>> DATA
>     <<< 550 Invalid recipient <ssc at savvis.net> (#5.1.1)
>     550 5.1.1 <ssc at savvis.net>... User unknown
>     <<< 503 RCPT first (#5.5.1)
> could someone with routing filter fu at savvis please contact us out of
> band?  thanks.

for the archives

  o someone gave us a different front door address at savvis.  the tech
    there replied that, as it was the site of their customer, they could
    not help [0].

  o i also received a response to the nanog post from an engineer.  it
    was to
    - say they will have the broken email listings fixed
    - say they will chase down internally with customer

you can guess who i would hire.

randy

--

[0] - at the companies where i have worked (which vix says is a skewed
    sample), "not my job" is a CLM.  the customer pays me for it to be