Facility wide DR/Continuity

gb10hkzo-nanog at yahoo.co.uk gb10hkzo-nanog at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 3 16:15:06 UTC 2009

Some things just don't active/active nicely on a budget.

>  Sure, because of inefficient legacy design choices.

Roland,

I'm not sure I understand your argument here.

Budget is very much an issue when choosing between active/active and active/passive.  Nothing to do with "inefficient legacy design".

For example, consider the licensing and hardware costs involved in running something like Oracle Database in active/active mode  (in a topology that is supported by Oracle Tech Support).