Fiber cut - response in seconds?

John van Oppen john at vanoppen.com
Tue Jun 2 22:51:59 UTC 2009

Ok, while this is off-topic, let's just point people to Wikipedia:

Other satellites (which are NOT in the same position at all times from
the prospective of a spot on earth):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geosynchronous_orbit

TV, and other fixed positioned (relative to the earth are
geostationary):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geostationary_orbit

perhaps further comments can go to the discussion pages on Wikipedia
since I would wager a very small number of us push any serious number of
bits via satellite.

John van Oppen
Spectrum Networks LLC
Direct: 206.973.8302