Fiber cut - response in seconds?

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Tue Jun 2 16:05:11 UTC 2009

Something like Fiber SenSys (http://www.fibersensys.com/) is probably used.  Measures miniscule changes in light levels to tell whether or not fiber has been tampered with.

As for the response in "seconds", I would have to say that the suits were parked right there watching, assuming the story is true.  Not sure if anyone has ever tried to get anywhere in Tysons Corner during roadside construction (or during an afternoon drizzle for that matter), but I can guarantee you that it would be impossible without someone already being stationed onsite.