White House net security paper

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Mon Jun 1 02:54:40 UTC 2009

On Sun, 31 May 2009, Andrew Euell wrote:
> are any nanog'ers Educators, the newly educated or Employers of the newly
> educated? Is Information technology Education really in as much trouble as
> the report suggests? I work with two new graduates of computer science/IT
> programs of state universities they demonstrate a high level of competence
> in their work, but thats just my neck of the woods.

Its not the quality, its the quantity.

Two new grads are great, but over the next 10 years some estimates (yeah,
I know about statistics) say there will be a gap of over 100,000 new IT
Security jobs to fill in the US and close to a million unfilled positions
world-wide.

How many ISPs have too many network security people?