OT: Voice Operators' Group forming

Hiers, David David_Hiers at adp.com
Tue Jul 28 14:58:00 UTC 2009

Hi NANOG,
I'd like to announce the formation of a NANOG-knockoff group for voice operators, the Voice Operators' Group.

Voice network operators share many of the same challenges as IP network operators; we register with registrars (CILLI, OCN, and ACNA as well as ASN and DNS), route traffic (point codes as well as IP addresses), resolve names (CNAM as well as DNS), manage reachability (to countries, LATAs and NPA/NXXs as well as  to IP networks), and deal with equipment issues.

NANOG has been so useful at the IP layer that it seems like a good idea to try to duplicate it a little further up the stack.

For now, the group is on Yahoo:

Of course, we're looking for a better place, name, and charter.

Regards,

David Hiers

CCIE (R/S, V), CISSP
ADP Dealer Services