Recommendations for Hong Kong datacenter, and a sanity check for my geopolitical conclusions ?

George Sanders gosand1982 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 21:04:59 UTC 2009

________________________________
From: Benjamin Billon <bbillon-ml at splio.fr>
To: nanog at nanog.org
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 3:46:24 PM
Subject: Re: Recommendations for Hong Kong datacenter, and a sanity check for my geopolitical conclusions ?

The process is good, I did the same excepted I also potentially needed
good Mainland China connectivity (what are the obvious reasons?),
otherway I think would have take the Singapore option. Getting things
done there is not a problem either.

I choose the Mega iAdvantage datacenters in HK.

Yes, thank you - that was the datacenter I had read about in my own research.  What did you think of the height of that building and its location on reclaimed sea land ?  It makes me nervous, but as I said in a different message in this thread, it looks like ALL of urban HK is reclaimed so ... who knows.

I was saying that I did not want the servers _inside of_ China, for obvious reasons.  Although the actual geography of shenzhen makes it much more appealing, even though we want greater freedom RE: content/filtering/freedom of speech/etc. (if only for principles sake).

Thanks for your comments.