Cisco 7600 (7609) as a core BGP router.

Steven King sking at kingrst.com
Fri Jul 17 21:30:50 UTC 2009

We use the 7600 platform as a Customer Border device. It attaches
directly to our core, and directly to our customers. This has been a
solid platform. Before this we used to use the 7600 as a load balancer
for a DNS cluster. Worked fairly well. We use the 6500 series for our
main network infrastructure and to border/core/dist layers and they are
rock solid, as long as you stay away from the SXH images. These are a
bit buggy and we have had routers crash due to that image. We have
deployed a few new devices with the SXI and are very happy with them
currently.

--
Steve King

Network Engineer - Liquid Web, Inc.