Border routers

Benjamin Billon bbillon-ml at splio.fr
Fri Jul 17 19:16:07 UTC 2009

Cisco routers performance comparison chart:
http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

If you're interested on 6500/7600 and their supervisors:
http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/catalyst6000supervisors.pdf

Our 7204VXR with NPE-G1 are working great with dual-stack full tables,
using less than 300M of 1GB RAM.
.
If you're also thinking about IPv6, check the supervisors and processor
engines data sheets about that too.

Livio Zanol Puppim a écrit :
> Thank you guys, This will be useful, but I still have some questions:
> Where can I see comparations between the routers? Also, where can I find
> datasheets containing FIB, RIB and BGP routes limits for cisco and Juniper?
> It is quite dificult!
>
> Thanks again!
>
> 2009/7/17 Larry Stites <ncnet at sbcglobal.net>
>

>> Livio,
>>
>> Tough economic conditions and heightened environmental awareness have many
>> ISPs, Telcos and NOCs considering Green IT as viable option when purchasing
>> network hardware. As licensed resellers of previously owned network
>> equipment we stock and supply Juniper and Cisco routers, switches and
>> associated modules.
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> (1) JUNIPER M10iBASE
>> (2) RE-850-1536
>> (2) FEB-M10I-M7I
>> (2) HCM-M10I-M7I
>> (4) PWR-M10I-M7I-AC  can be switched to DC
>>
>> New, back up surplus, unused condition - $15,500
>> Original box, packing, Junos and accessories
>>
>> (1) JUNIPER M10iBASE
>> (1) RE-850-1536
>> (2) FEB-M10I-M7I
>> (2) HCM-M10I-M7I
>> (4) PWR-M10I-M7I-AC  can be switched to DC
>>
>> New, back up surplus, unused condition- $11250/EA
>> Original box, packing, Junos and accessories
>> (2) bundles available in this config and condition
>>
>> (1) JUNIPER M10iBASE
>> (1) RE-850-1536
>> (1) FEB-M10I-M7I
>> (2) HCM-M10I-M7I
>> (4) PWR-M10I-M7I-DC
>>
>> Refurbished condition- $9K
>> Respectfully used, very good condition
>> Power cords, Junos and rack kit included.
>>
>> (6) PE-1GE-SX-B $1450/each
>>
>> Also available:
>>
>> (4) Juniper M5BASE-2AC-E each configured as:
>> ( 4 PIC Slot Chassis: (1) Built-in Enhanced FPC, Cooling, Midplane,
>> Forwarding Engine Board (with Internet Processor II, ASIC, 8MB SSRAM,
>> Routing Engine 2.0 (333Mhz - 768Mb), (2) AC Power Supply,  $3500.each
>>
>> Subject to prior sale
>> Warranty minimum 90 days
>> References available
>>

>> --
>>
>> Best regards,
>>

>> Larry E. Stites
>> Northern California Networks, Inc.
>> United Network Equipment Dealers Association
>> CA LIC#2004 SR KH 100-484111
>> Nevada City, CA 95959
>> cell 530 320 4194
>> land 530 265 2588
>> ncnet at sbcglobal.net
>> www.uneda.com
>> --
>>

>> on 7/16/09 1:40 PM, Livio Zanol Puppim wrote:
>>

>>> Hello guys,
>>>
>>> I need to buy 2 border routers to handle 2 155Mbps links using BGP full
>>> route with each ISP. What may I analyse at the routers hardware?
>>>
>>> I'm asking for:
>>> 1Giga Byte of RAM expansible to 1,5GB
>>> 1.000.000 FIB capacity in hardware (since 512K won't be enought soon)