Public/testing 4to6 gateway?

Nathan Ward nanog at daork.net
Tue Jul 14 01:05:19 UTC 2009

On 14/07/2009, at 4:23 AM, Rick Ernst wrote:

> Either they don't exist, or my Google-fu is particularly bad this
> morning.
>
> I'm trying to get my toes wet with IPv6.  I've established an internal
> 6to4/4to6 tunnel.  I'd also like to have a testbed for access to
> public v6
> sites.  I'm also trying to find some clue at my upstreams, but
> figured I'd
> ask here as well.  Are there any 4to6 gateway available?  I have
> assigned v6
> space.

Because I'm pedantic, 6to4 and 6in4 are two different things. It
sounds like you want 6in4.
They use the same encapsulation, but 6to4 has specific magic in how
the outer IPv4 destination is built, taken from the inner IPv6
destination address.
6over4 is different again.

I think someone wrote a draft explaining this a while back.. not sure
where or what it was called.

--
Nathan Ward