Please do not CC NANOG when e-mailing Dean Anderson [was: Can someone from SORBS contact me offlist?]

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Mon Jul 13 20:07:27 UTC 2009

[SNIP]

Everyone,

Please do not CC nanog at nanog.org when replying to one of Dean
Anderson's ... uh ... missives[*].  We do not see the original, so by
replying and CC'ing the list, you are helping him get his ... er ...
message[*] to a wider audience.  And if you have actually read any of
his ... umm ... posts[*], then you should realize that is to the
list's detriment.

I'd suggest the same for other lists too, but definitely for NANOG
related stuff.

--
TTFN,
patrick

[*] I have been very careful to not call them what they really are for
fear of the MLC. :)