MGE UPS Systems

Dixon, Justin Justin.Dixon at BBandT.com
Mon Jul 13 19:58:40 UTC 2009

> I'm curious if anyone might know what the future of the MGE line of
UPS
> systems are. My concern is that they're dead-end since being merged
into
> APC, and APC wanting to sell me APC stuff. The problem I face is that
my
> facility was designed with separate equipment spaces, which is great
for
> normal electrical gear that can be backed against a wall, but not so
> great for a product which is designed for the "everything goes in with
> your racks" mindset. Any insight would be appreciated.
>
> ~Seth

It looks like they are still available in the product selector on the
APC website.

http://www.apc.com/products/category.cfm?id=13
http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=361
http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=365

If you're wondering about long term someone from their sales dept. can
probably tell you if they plan to keep the product line or discontinue
it.