MGE UPS Systems

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Mon Jul 13 19:42:47 UTC 2009

I'm curious if anyone might know what the future of the MGE line of UPS
systems are. My concern is that they're dead-end since being merged into
APC, and APC wanting to sell me APC stuff. The problem I face is that my
facility was designed with separate equipment spaces, which is great for
normal electrical gear that can be backed against a wall, but not so
great for a product which is designed for the "everything goes in with
your racks" mindset. Any insight would be appreciated.

~Seth