OEMs for X2 10G LAN PHY optics

Paul Stewart pstewart at nexicomgroup.net
Mon Jul 13 16:48:55 UTC 2009

Yeah, just don't ask a certain female sales person there for more than a
few quotes without buying...

I was utterly embarrassed while dealing with NHR - never been told off
by a commissioned sales person before.  Requested a series of quotes on
a Cisco GSR and made it very clear we already had a preferred supplier,
but that I would give NHR a chance in the quotes.  Their pricing was off
a bit and the job went to a competitor - she freaked out on me.  I have
never dealt with them since.   It was the most immature dealing with a
company I have ever encountered, and this goes back several years now -
and I'm still pissed.

When I took this to their management team I was promised a phone call
from their CEO and never got it.  Since I talked to a senior management
person and asked to removed from their internal lists - had *many* of
their sales people continue to call and pester me.  They finally got
that part right and have not heard from anyone since (nor do I EVER wish
to).

Paul