BGP Growth projections

Mark Radabaugh mark at amplex.net
Mon Jul 13 01:28:54 UTC 2009

Ivan Pepelnjak wrote:
> Let me be the devil's advocate: why would you need full Internet routing?
> Taking reasonably sized neighborhoods of your upstreams (AS paths up to X AS
> numbers) plus a default to your best upstream might do the trick.
>
> Ivan

We currently do exactly that - dropping anything longer than a /23 with
default routes to cover anything missing.    Since were replacing the
routers anyway I would prefer to have the capacity to do things
correctly rather than what, at least to me, seems a kludge.    It is a
very workable solution - just not one I am completely comfortable with.

--

Mark Radabaugh
Amplex
mark at amplex.net