YES I'VE TRIED MANY VENUES looking for mail admin @ nist.gov

Martin Hannigan martin at theicelandguy.com
Fri Jul 10 17:47:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Jerry B. Altzman <jbaltz at altzman.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, I've tried google, I've tried www.nist.gov, I've tried
> postmaster/hostmaster/abuse at nist.gov, I've even tried the phone.
>
> Could someone give me a pointer to a mail admin at nist.gov? I've been
> having issues getting mail through to them from one of our servers.
>
> Thanks, and have a great weekend!

I suggested the telephone to another a few weeks ago and that wasn't well
received. Let me elaborate. Today is Friday. It's July. It's about 2PM.
Probably lunchtime where NIST is.  Calling the IT help desk at NIST is
likely to get you further faster. NANOG is not really "real time".

It's also NIST. I believe you can call DHS if it's that big of a deal, no?

Also, try this query for a good mailbox:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=nist.gov+%40nanog&aq=f&oq=&aqi=&fp=epvPJ4zJz3g

Best Regards,

-M<

Martin Hannigan                               martin at theicelandguy.com
p: +16178216079
Power, Network, and Costs Consulting for Iceland Datacenters and Occupants