Request for contact and procedure information

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Fri Jul 10 06:11:49 UTC 2009

All,

There are few if any ISP that will help you with something like this.
Law enforcement also does not have the resources to even begin to look
at a single DSL line being attacked unless you can show 7+ figures in
damage or some type of major threat to national infrastructure.

Your options are basically as follows:

1) Use csf . If properly tuned this should be sufficient to filter
minor attacks.
2) Invest in a decent firewall like a Juniper Netscreen and set
session limits. This won't stop an attack but it will limit the amount
of traffic you have to filter locally.
3) Ask SBC to null route the IP completely
4) Invest in an actual protection service.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net

Look for us at HostingCon 2009 in Washington, DC on August 10th - 12th
at Booth #401.