Drop in IPv6 traffic

Marco Hogewoning marcoh at marcoh.net
Thu Jul 9 11:57:38 UTC 2009

On 9 jul 2009, at 12:24, Mikael Lind wrote:

> Hi,
> I've seen a big drop in IPv6 traffic volume on our Freenet6 IPv6
> service last night and it seems to be the same on AMS-IX.
> Has anyone else seen the same? Any idea why?

Multiple options, but it must have something todo with a free usenet
service.

We (XS4ALL, AS3265) changed some filters at around 15:00 GMT, but I
notice the drop is hours later and much bigger (se the graph at https://www.ams-ix.net/technical/stats/sflow/)
.

If you have trouble reaching newszilla6.xs4all.nl at port 119 please
drop me a note as you might accidently got filtered and I'm happy to
resolve this.

 From the looks of it one of our colleagues who also run a free usenet
box have some issues as well, news.ipv6.eweka.nl isn't responding,
which may well be the only cause of this little drop.

Groet,

MarcoH