Using twitter as an outage notification

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Sun Jul 5 10:40:28 UTC 2009

>> Is Twitter making a profit or not?
>
> The other consideration is scalability and reliability.  Twitter has
> been subject to numerous feature disablements due to capacity
> issues, as well as complete outages.  Furthermore, Twitter does not
> appear to be deployed in a distributed, highly-available architecture.
>
> The Twitter *aggregation/attention model* is what is of great
> interest, any merits of the specific service aside.

exactly, its like VHS versus BETAMAX , not the better system wins,its
just better maketing and popularity.

just my 2 cents

http://identi.ca/macbroadcast/      < the opensource distributed
alternative  > http://laconi.ca/

--
Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey

Please note that according to the German law on data retention,
information on every electronic information exchange with me is
retained for a period of six months.