Shaping on a large scale

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Fri Jan 30 23:13:53 UTC 2009

Bruce,
Are these broadband customer using PPPoE or L2TP?   If so, I suggest
looking at the capabilities of your BRAS to do the work.

Per user bandwidth quotas are the nature of the game here in Australia
and doing it at the BRAS is the way we do it.   RADIUS gives you byte
counts and gives you the ability to pass back rate limits etc.

MMC

--
Matthew Moyle-Croft Internode/Agile Peering and Core Networks
Level 5, 162 Grenfell Street, Adelaide, SA 5000 Australia