Tightened DNS security question re: DNS amplification attacks.

Leen Besselink leen at wirehub.nl
Wed Jan 28 20:53:15 UTC 2009

If you folks are really serious about this, can I suggest using BGP for this ? Maybe a
multi-hop BGP-session like Team Cymru already has for bogons [0]. With different communities
for different types of traffic that should be dropped.

That way you, the network operator, could choose what you what to drop and how.

They are already a pretty trusted party if people actually use these bogon-sessions.

Might it actually be a structural solution ? Atleast if I didn't forget something important.

[0] http://www.team-cymru.org/Services/Bogons/routeserver.html