Tightened DNS security question re: DNS amplification attacks. [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

David Zielezna David.Zielezna at acma.gov.au
Wed Jan 28 03:59:29 UTC 2009

I'm checking just with a mix of tcpdump/pcap, bind logs and p0f.  A bit
overboard, but logging is fun.

I haven't checked any dark hosts to see whether the attack repeatedly
sends queries to IPs which have never given an answer or indication of
any kind of life.  Your monitoring will probably determine this so let
us know what behavior you find.

DZ