Updated: New meeting hd stream servers

Anton Kapela tkapela at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 18:30:17 UTC 2009

One short update.

The "full Hd" transcoded streams will be (i.e. :9000) offline for the
remainder of the NANOG meeting. The encoder system we were using to
provide both the full and hf-lite streams is offline (system trouble).
We've switched to a backup system, but it can only provide enough
resources for the hd-lite stream.

HD-lite streams:

http://nanog-east.owhost.net:8000

http://nanog-west.owhost.net:8000

We've also determined there is a VLC bug that prevents mpeg4 audio
re-packetization from correctly determining the number of audio
channels, thus causing several users with several playback clients
from hearing the audio program. The audio codec has been switched to
mpeg2 audio, as this avoids the packetizer bug. Hopefully this is
fixed.

Enjoy,

-Tk